Essential Oils 101
What is an essential oil?
Essential Oils are made from plants for physical and emotional benefits. They are distilled from leaves, flowers, tree bark, seeds, or rind of fruit in concentrated amounts. Typically one drop of a dōTERRA® essential oil has a powerful effect making them affordable at just pennies per use! View a short video clip introducing essential oils HERE.
How do I use essential oils?
You will soon learn that there are hundreds of ways to use dōTERRA® essential oils, including relaxation, personal hygiene, household cleaning, cooking, and supporting a healthy body. Every oil has at least one of three application methods: Aromatic, Topical, or Internal.
For Aromatic Use ~ Breathe in or use a diffuser to open up airways, improve mood, or freshen the air.
For Topical Use ~ Use a carrier oil when applying to bottoms of feet or affected areas to target specific needs.
For Internal Use ~ Drop in water, under tongue, or in veggie capsule to support mouth, throat, digestive system, or overall health with guidance from a Certified Aromatherapist or Health Care Professional.
What are some basic safety tips?
1) Photosensitivity - No sunbathing after applying citrus essential oils. Citrus oils are sensitive to the sun since they are made from the rind of fruit. Avoid direct sunlight to the exposed area for at least 12 hours of that location may have a skin irritation or burn. Oils applied underneath clothing should be fine.
2) Hot Oils - If it starts to burn, skip the water. Use a carrier oil or whole fat milk. Because essential oils don't mix with water, applying water to the area can actually drive the burn in deeper. Ouch!
3) Avoid These Areas - Never put essential oils in your eyes, inside ear canal, or up nose. However, you may apply oils around the eye bone in a C shape, on ear cartilage and behind ear bone, or diffuse essential oils.
4) Dilution - Use a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil when applying essential oils topically to avoid skin sensitization.
5) Safe Storage - The majority of all adverse reactions to essential oils by children have been as a direct result of accidental overdose and ingestion in large amounts. Keep out of reach of children. Use child proof safety caps.
What are the most commonly used essential oils and their uses?
Click on each bottle below to enjoy 1-min informational video clips.
How to Order
Follow these 3 Simple Steps!
These Enrollment Kits come with a FREE 12-month Wholesale Customer Membership ($42 CAD value). No monthly orders required. No Selling Required.
Thank you for using my dōTERRA® Referral ID# 2445513. Your order will arrive in the next week directly to you.
Essential Oil Kits
A dōTERRA® KIT is the easiest and best way to get started with essential oils. When you choose one of these enrollment kits as your membership, the $42 CAD membership fee will be waived. You will also receive a substantial discount (25% off) on all dōTERRA® products for 12 months. No selling or monthly purchase required.
15 mL Bottles:
Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Oregano, Frankincense, Easy Air®, ZenGest®, On Guard®
Deep Blue®(5mL), Petal Diffuser, The dōTERRA® Essentials Booklet
10 mL Bottles:
Lavender Touch, Tea Tree Touch,
15 mL Bottles:
Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, On Guard®, Frankincense, Tea Tree, Wild Orange, Balance®, ZenGest®, AromaTouch®
doTERRA On Guard® Collection:
Toothpaste, Hand Wash with 2 Dispensers, On Guard® Cleaner Concentrate
Cloud Diffuser, Fractionated Coconut Oil (3.8 oz), Wooden Box, Salon Essentials® Protecting Shampoo, Salon Essentials® Smoothing Conditioner, The dōTERRA® Essentials Booklet
15mL Bottles:Frankincense (2), Lavender (3), Lemon (3), Tea Tree (3), Oregano (1), Peppermint (3), Wild Orange (2), AromaTouch® (2), Balance® (2), Easy Air ® (3), Citrus Bliss® (1), ZenGest® (3), On Guard®(2), Serenity®(2)
Fractionated Coconut Oil (3.8 oz), Black Keychain (8-vial), 5/8 Dram Sample Vials (72), Cloud Diffuser, Oil Cap Stickers (5 Sheets), The dōTERRA® Essentials Booklet
Arborvitae, Black Pepper, Blue Tansy, Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Douglas Fir, Helichrysum, Juniper Berry, Melissa, Roman Chamomile, Sandalwood (Hawaiian), Spikenard, Cheer®, Console®, Deep Blue®, Forgive®, Motivate®, Passion®, Peace®, Whisper®
Eucalyptus, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Marjoram, Tea Tree, Myrrh, Oregano, Patchouli, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Siberian Fir, Spearmint, Thyme, Vetiver, Wild Orange, Wintergreen, Ylang Ylang, AromaTouch®, Balance®, Easy Air®, Citrus Bliss®, ZenGest®, Elevation, On Guard®, Purify, Serenity®, Slim & Sassy®, TerraShield® , Zendocrine®
Canvas Bag, doTERRA Cloud Diffuser, Fractionated Coconut Oil (3.8 oz), The dōTERRA® Essentials Booklet